The baja engine being re-assembled

Engine work

Work continues on the Baja and we’re slowly inching forward with the engine; the tinware was stripped off so the engine could be thoroughly cleaned and whilst at it we decided to add a bit of orange to the engine block. The heat-exchangers are being replaced as the old ones were a bit crusty and…

Simple service turned into a full rebuild

Sadly we ran into a major setback with the Manx project.. I took the head covers off with the intention of adjusting valve clearance prior to firing up the engine for the first time and discovered that both rocker assemblies had failed, which deposited a lot of metal fragments in the engine oil. How could…