YEA Job done!!

With only days until my departure, Mr. Mountain and I finished the bug and got it through its first MOT in many years. Crowley the bug looked amazing.. after working out some of the little issues that are inherent with any project of this nature, Ryan took it on its maiden longer journey and ventured…

Assembly

And with the bug finally painted, we moved onto assembly and shit got real.. =D Due to personal circumstances, I had to make the tough decision to relocate back to Sweden and so we suddenly had a very unforgiving deadline to finish the bug and get it out of my house (which we had already…

Paint

We went back and forth with the options to get some colour on this thing.. the usual stuff like finish, quality, speed and perhaps most importantly cost had to be considered. As this was never meant to be a show car and were on a tight budget, we decided to roller it, yes! you read…

Bodywork

Work on this project had to progress at such a rate that we never really had the time to post any updates on the site.. well now they’re here. We started work on this bug by stripping it down as far as we needed to go to sort out rusty patches. As with many of…

The baja engine being re-assembled

Engine work

Work continues on the Baja and we’re slowly inching forward with the engine; the tinware was stripped off so the engine could be thoroughly cleaned and whilst at it we decided to add a bit of orange to the engine block. The heat-exchangers are being replaced as the old ones were a bit crusty and…

The bug as it arrived

In the beginning there was a bug

And it was good.. but not good enough =) This is the start of a great new build, not for myself but for a friend who has mysteriously developed a love (or obsession) for Baja Buggies. Don’t know how it happened but I suspect I may have had something to do with it, they say…