Simple service turned into a full rebuild

Sadly we ran into a major setback with the Manx project.. I took the head covers off with the intention of adjusting valve clearance prior to firing up the engine for the first time and discovered that both rocker assemblies had failed, which deposited a lot of metal fragments in the engine oil. How could…

New instruments and engine overhaul

With the electrical system now finished, the new carpet and seats in place and the battery firmly secured, the bonnet could be re-fitted. The use of connector blocks between the instruments attached to the dash and the rest of the car made this a walk in the park. The beautiful Smiths instruments that were fitted…

Getting the new seats in

Today was a good day =) The photos will speak for themselves, the roll-cage got a coat of fresh paint, the carpet is fitted and now both seats are in firmly in place. But before we could get there, we had to sort some minor details out… like replacing the M6 bolts that were holding…

Tidying up the wiring

MOT preparations continue and as I get more familiar with my new buggy I keep discovering “small” details that are not essential to make it road worthy but still too important to ignore them… First off, the electrics; there was an alarming lack of fusing and the general state of the wiring was simply not…

Had to drive a long way to pick it up

A new family member

It has been very quiet in the garage during these cold winter months but a great deal of detail work has been done on parts that could be taken off the buggy, more about that later. This post is about the latest addition to my cherished collection, increasing the number of buggies to a staggering…