A little cruise to the new cafe

Busy times in Glottis’ Buggy Garage

There has been a lot of activity in the garage lately with the Baja that is being built, sorting out the valve train issues on the Manx and general spannering with Agent Orange. That hasn’t stopped us from going out on a few cruises now that the weather is looking better and a friend has…

Doing miles

For those of you that missed it, we made a little video in 2013 highlighting some of our best trips so far in my Manx buggy. Roads traveled include the UK, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany. Don’t be afraid to put some miles on yours..

Custom stainless buggy exhaust

shiny shiny..

After a few months of driving the next thing on the list of things to sort was the exhaust, the engine was popping and farting and quite difficult to drive. The problem was the cannons were very rattlely and looking at the rear J pipe jot was not attached!   So the buggy was shipped off…

Posing in the buggy

Time to get busy again

I have been so busy with the new website and social media lately that I haven’t had much time to update the blog. As I was upgrading the platform that it is based on trying to make it look a little more modern I couldn’t help asking myself whether blogs like this one aren’t a…

Buggy ready for MOT

Results at Last..

After many years of persevering all the hard work finally paid off, I set myself a dead-line earlier in the year and managed to get the buggy back on the road again. It passed its first MOT in 8 years first time and the only advisories were related to the headlamp aim, I forgot the…

A quick status update

Our new community for beach buggy enthusiasts has been a great success, in only a few months over 150 people have signed up. I have decided however to keep this blog running independently instead of redirecting it to the new site as I have found out that a lot of you out there follow these…

Simple service turned into a full rebuild

Sadly we ran into a major setback with the Manx project.. I took the head covers off with the intention of adjusting valve clearance prior to firing up the engine for the first time and discovered that both rocker assemblies had failed, which deposited a lot of metal fragments in the engine oil. How could…

New instruments and engine overhaul

With the electrical system now finished, the new carpet and seats in place and the battery firmly secured, the bonnet could be re-fitted. The use of connector blocks between the instruments attached to the dash and the rest of the car made this a walk in the park. The beautiful Smiths instruments that were fitted…